Inspired by Sarah Tarca’s Beauty Blog in the current issue of Girlfriend, I have decided to write a list of things that make me happy .
- My Best Friend. Among other things, the fact that I can text her in the literal middle of the night about Harry Potter and continue to text until two am about totally random parts of it (“why does molly have to ask which platform it goes from? She’s obviously been doing it for years!”) always makes me extremely happy to be able to have a best friend like her. Abigail to my Taylor for life 😀
- My Other Friends. We have the best times together, from chilling in the park, to having epic sleepovers, to basically everything we ever do together. They never fail to make me smile.
- Rainy Days. While most people love the sun, seven years of almost continuous sun makes you really, really sick of it. The rare occasions that it does rain make me extremely happy. There’s just something about rain; the smell of it, how when it rains you’re allowed to be lazy… It’s just epicness.
- God. Even when I’m having the worst day ever, God can make me happy again.
- Magazines. Nothing beats going to the newsagency and buying a brand new glossy, just bursting with cute layouts, articles just waiting to be read and all the latest gossip. Give me a magazine and I’ll love you for life.
- Taylor Swift’s Music. No matter what I’m feeling, Taylor Swift has written a song that describes my mood perfectly. And anyone who writes a song with the lyrics “I’m no one special just another wide eyed girl who’s desperately in love with you”, aka the story of my life, has to make me smile. I so can’t wait to see her in February (as I may have mentioned a few (hundred) times).
- The Jonas Brothers. While Tsweezy’s music makes me happy, it’s every single part of the Jonas Brothers that makes me smile. From their old videos, to their live chats, to their random tweets, to their amazing good looks, to their morals, to their music, everything about them makes me insanely happy. I can only dream that one day I will get to meet them and thank them for all they have done, and all the happiness they have made me feel.
- Chocolate. Harry Potter was right with this one, eating chocolate is scientifically proven to make you happy, so of course it’s going to make my list. My all time favourite chocolate is Old Gold Peppermint, just in case you ever wanted to buy me some 😛
- Brit-Coms. Ones I actually understand, not ones like Monty Python that just go right over my head. I’m talking about shows like The Vicar Of Dibley, Keeping Up Appearances, My Family etc. They never fail to have me crying with laughter.
- Good Books. There’s nothing quite like re-reading an old favourite, discovering a new favourite, or just the smell of books in general. So far these holidays I’ve read ‘The Lovely Bones’ and ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’ and plan on finishing ‘The Alchemist’, getting Jaclyn Moriarty’s new book and re-reading some Jodi Picoult and the rest of the HP series.
- You. Nothing really makes me happier than logging on here and seeing that you’ve left me comments, or written me an email, or sent me an @reply on twitter. The kind things you all have to say never fail to make my day and I really appreciate it. Remember, I don’t bite, but I do reply to all emails and @reply’s I get, and if you leave me a comment, not only will I love you forever, but I’ll definitely check out your blog as well.
Really, that’s just the tip of my happiness iceberg, the top ten things that make me smile. I could go on for ages and ages listing every small thing that makes me happy, but reading a million things like ‘perfectly cooked salt and vinegar chicken’ would probably bore you all to death. I just realised I forgot to add my family to the list. Whoops. I also realised there are actually eleven things on that list. I should really learn to count…
Anyway, What makes you happy?
frangipani princess xoxo