So it’s the last day of 2009. This year has flown by, and it feels like just yesterday I was in Sydney at my aunty’s house enjoying the fireworks from her balcony. I don’t have anything that extravagent planned for this NYE, Toong is coming over and we’re having a HP movie marathon, and then going to see The Lovely Bones tomorrow. Pssh you wish your celebrations were as cool as ours.
It’s also the last day of the decade. In all reality, I only really remember things from the last seven or so years of it, being all of five when we saw this decade (and millenium) in. It’s been a pretty good decade, but this next one will include finishing high school and university for me, so hopefully it’s even better.
I’m not big on New Years Resolutions, but I thought I’d list some things I hope to achieve in the next year and decade.
- Successfully start at new school. And by successful, I mean no sitting in toilets eating lunch, a la mean girls.
- Have an awesome time in France and come back at least vaguely speaking the language.
- Get a job.
- Complete more work experience at DOLLY, and have my first experience at Girlfriend.
- Pass every subject.
- Be a nicer person.
- Meet Tswift.
- Meet and see the Jonas Brothers in concert. Yeah, this one only works if they decide to be proactive and actually come here.
- Pass year twelve with an ATAR of at least 95.
- Get into an Arts/Law degree at Sydney University
- Get into Wesley College to continue the family tradition
- Instead of schoolies go on an epic holiday to America with Toong and visit LA, New York and Texas.
- Experience a white Christmas.
- Become a magazine journalist
- Marry Nick Jonas (hey, a girl can dream!)
And so much more.
Gosh, I just realised that by the time we welcome the next decade I’ll be twenty five. That’s starting to get old! Hahaha.
Have a good NYE everyone, and I’ll see you next year. And decade.
frangipani princess xoxo